CFP: SAnTINA Conference 2023
This was the call for papers for the conference we celebrated in May, 2023. To access all the conference information, visit its webpage: https://santinaconference.wordpress.com/
Society for the Analysis of cultural Topics and linguistic Identities N’Asturies
Inside and Outside Asturies
We welcome papers related to the field of Asturian Studies, understood in the broader sense of examining the language, culture and history of Asturias and Asturian people from the perspective of the social sciences and the humanities. Topics might include, but are not limited to, Asturian language, linguistics, literature, cinema, music, visual arts, history, activism, migration, sports, industry, health, and the environment.
This second iteration of the SAnTINA conference will be hosted by Oklahoma State University and led by Prof. Isabel Álvarez Sancho, Associate Professor at Oklahoma State University and vice president of the academic initiative Asturian Studies. It will be held completely virtually on May 3rd and 4th, 2023, and is free of charge for participants.
SAnTINA 2023 is coordinated in collaboration with the Asturian Studies working group, whose president, Prof. Covadonga Lamar Prieto, and community manager Miriam Villazón Valbuena, both from University of California-Riverside, hosted the first SAnTINA conference in 2021. Asturian Studies/SAnTINA is an academic initiative aimed to continue developing the field of Asturian Studies as well as disseminating Asturian culture internationally.
- Abstracts and participants’ information must be submitted through this google form by January 15th, 2023 (extended deadline).
- Authors may submit up to two abstracts, one individual and one jointly.
- Contributions may be in Asturian, Spanish, English or a combination of them.
- Notifications of acceptance will be sent starting January 31st.
Summary of Important Dates and Information
- Conference Dates: May 3rd and 4th, 2023
- Modality: Zoom
- Abstract Submission Deadline: January 15th, 2023 (extended deadline)
- Notifications of acceptance/rejection: starting January 31st.
- Submission link: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSe1ypsNN6n2A7-SlG_la-ZjN3l6A7xh_WYsUs3lOv1rapHvQg/viewform
- Weppage: https://santinaconference.wordpress.com/
- Please direct any questions to: email@example.com
I SAnTiNA Conference
In October, 2021, we celebrated the inaugural SAnTINA conference, organized by Covadonga Lamar Prieto and Miriam Villazón Valbuena, from the University of California, Riverside, with twenty-four presentations from professors, graduate students and creative writers from nineteen different universities in the US and Canada. To learn more about this event, go to the Santina Conference Webpage: https://santinaconference.wordpress.com/